AVP Khadirarishtam 450ml Plastic Bottle-
Khadirarishta is a liquid Ayurvedic furmulation. It is also known by the terms khadirarishtam and Khadirarisht.
AVP Khadirarishtam contains 5 – 10 % of self generated alcohol in it. This self generated alcohol and the water present in the product acts as a media to deliver water and alcohol soluble active herbal components to the body.
Khadirarishtam is widely used in the treatment of skin diseases.
It is used in the treatment of –
- Mahakushta – all types of chronic skin diseases including leprosy.
- Hrudroga – cardiac disorders – It is a good heart tonic
- Panduroga – anemia, early stage of liver disorders
- Arbuda – tumors
- Gulma – Abdominal tumor
- Granthi – cysts
- Krumi – intestinal worms, wound with infection
- Kasa – cough
- Shwasa – Asthma, dyspnoea
- Pleeha – splenomegaly
- Udara – Ascites
Doctors also use this for the treatment of –
- Hair loss associated with scalp psoriasis, seborrhic dermatitis, dandruff etc.
- Fungal infection, Tinea infection
- Folliculitis, ingrown hairs
- blood purification and anaemia
- Syphilis, Fungal infection, Jock itch, Herpes.
- 12 – 24 ml. one or two times a day, usually advised after food.
- If needed, it can be mixed with equal quantity of water.
Diet and lifestyle restrictions for maximum benefits:
Avoid excess spicy foods, spicy pickles, direct exposure to afternoon bright sun and alcohol.
Khadirarishtam side effects:
- A very high dosage than the prescribed may cause burning sensation in stomach.
- Seek your Ayurvedic doctor’s advice for its usage during pregnancy.
- It can be administered during lactation period and in children in lower doses.
Khadira – Acacia catechu – heart wood – 2.4 kg
Devadaru – Cedrus deodara – heart wood – 2.4 kg
Bakuchi – Psoralea corylifolia – Seed – 576 grams
Darvi – Berberis aristata – 960 g
Haritaki – Terminalia chebula – 960 g
Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica – 960 g
Amalaki – Amla – Emblica officinalis – 960 g
Coarse powder of above is taken, added with water – 98.304 liters.
Boiled and reduced to 12.288 liter, Filtered.
This is added with
Makshika – honey – 9.6 kg
Sharkara – Sugar candy – 4.8 kg
Fine powder of
Dhataki – Woodfordia fruticosa – Flower – 960 g
Kankola – Piper cubeba – Fruit – 48 grams
Nagakeshara – Mesua ferrea – Stamen – 48 g
Jatiphala – Myristica fragrans – Seed – 48 g
Lavanga – clove – 48 g
Ela – cardamom – 48 g
Twak – Cinnamon – 48 g
Patra – Cinnamomum tamala – leaves – 48 g
Krishna – Pippali – Long pepper – 192 g
Shelf life: 10 years. Once after opening the bottle, it is better to empty it within 2 months.
We also have Khadirarisht from Nagarjuna and Patanjali.